Friday, January 23, 2009

An Award For Me?

Three months ago I started this blog as a personal exercise and shared it with my family. In a short 90 days, it's astounding how many people I've met and friends I've made. One of these, Kat at Poetikat's Invisible Keepsakes, has presented me with a "Superior Scribbler Award." I humbly accept this award from her, honored to join the worthy bloggers who've come before.

Daily, I'm intrigued, enlightened and entertained by the creativity and perspectives of others who've crossed my path in this wonderful world of blogging. And I thank them for allowing me to see the world through their eyes, and sometimes giving me a creative well to draw on. In that spirit, I, in turn, pass this award on to a few friends who, through their writing, have told my heart things it knows are true and who have given me a taste for possibilites that aren't found on the everyday menus of life.

Barry @ An Explorer's View of Life -- A wonderful storyteller, handling even heavy subjects with a light hand and an ever-faithful canine at his side.

Joanne @ Whole Latte Life -- Her posts are written to encourage thought and dialogue, but they go so much deeper. I'm shocked into truthfulness for a few minutes each day at her site.

Bee @ From the Desk of Bee Drunken -- A Texan in England, she makes the place she lives the place she loves and shares it generously with us through her thoughtful writing style.

Larkspur @ Garden Mother -- She shares her love of beauty, wrapping even the mundane in inspiration that is a delight to read.


If you choose to accept this award, here are those pesky rules:

  • Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to Scholastic-Scribe, which explains The Award.
  • Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
  • Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

17 comments:

Poetikat said...

Congratulations, Peggy! I can't wait to check out your choices - they all look so captivating.

(I notice you changed the "4 books" heading. He he.)

Kat

Peggy said...

Kat, you're the best! I'm still blushing! :-P

I was horrified to learn the original "My Last 4 Books" intimidated you. I've changed it in your honor!

willow said...

Congratulations! I had no idea you had been blogging only a short time. You blog like a seasoned veteran bloggy! A very well deserved award.

Peggy said...

Willow, thank you so much for your well-wishes. It's been so nice to get to know you over these last few months!

kenny8blog said...

Hi Peggy,
may I offer the name Edward Thomas.
You may already know him.
He is my favourite.

Bee said...

Wow! Thanks!! I may have to wait until Monday to get organized, because we have lots of friends coming for the weekend . . . but I am really touched.

larkspur said...

Peggy, Thank you so much for your generous recognition. You just made my day, really my week. The rules are a bit intimidating (I just started blogging a month ago). I accept graciously, but will have to have Mr. Larkspur help out with the technical stuff. :}}}

sizzie said...

I agree with Willow, I thought you had been at this much longer than 3 months. I only became aware of the blogging community about the same time you began. Your pages bring freshness with an air of capability and confidence.

I can't wait to visit those new links.

Peggy said...

Thank you, Kenny!

Peggy said...

Bee, you're so deserving! Congrats!

Larkspur, let me know if you need any help. :-) I look forward to many visits to your worthy blog!

Peggy said...

Sizzie, thank you so much! I count myself richer for having friends like you. :)

Reya Mellicker said...

Applause all around!

There are so many great blogs. What I love is that people are writing and publishing, arts I thought might be lost at the end of the old millenium.

It's the multitude of bloggers that thrills me, each of us having our own say about the world. yes!

Congrats on your award. And many more!!

Marilyn said...

Congratulations,
I've only been familiar with your blog for about a week or so, but I see that the award is well deserved. I visit Barry's and Joanne's blogs frequently. They deserve the awards for the exact reasons you state.
I'll check out the other two soon.

Peggy said...

Reya, I couldn't agree more about fearing the demise of writing. I still worry about coming generations... No Readers = No Writers. But hope is a powerful thing!

Peggy said...

Marilyn, thanks so much for stopping in today. We have a wonderful community to explore here in Blogville, don't we?! :-)

Joanne said...

Thanks so much Peggy, on two counts! First for your very kind thoughts on my blog during this past week. We so appreciated it as we regained our footing. And secondly for the Award and your comments here about Whole Latte Life. Your comments always add insight to the dialogue, and I so enjoy your visits. It is uplifting to be recognized like this after the past week, and my gratitude is deep.

Peggy said...

Congratulations, Joanne! The timing of the award couldn't have been worse for you, but I'm so glad you and your daughter are getting back on your feet! :-)