Friday, November 14, 2008

Chapter Two

Back in October, I wrote about the antics of Ethan and his friends at the Muskegon Lumberjack hockey games. Some of you will have seen this before, as I sent it out in an email a week or so ago. Since I've been asked for an update from more than a few, I thought I would post the original email to bring everybody up to speed. Here it is:

For those of you who know about the masked men masquerading as Lumberjacks from my blog, this is chapter two of their saga. Their initial goal was to get season tickets to the hockey games and their picture in the newspaper. With four games under their collective woodsmen belt, they've achieved both. They next set their sights on local network TV and being invited onto the ice during intermission. Imagine their surprise when the VP of Muskegon Lumberjacks approached the boys at the last game to ask for a meeting with them to discuss mutuallly beneficial future promotional ideas. On the table are including them in the TV commercials promoting the hockey team and incorporating their images into promotional pieces like posters announcing upcoming games, for which they'll be paid! I'll keep you posted as the boys get agents to manage their exploding careers as hairy mascots!

In the meantime, they've become local celebrities of a sort. People are asking for their autographs, swarming them at games wanting photos taken with them, and making in-game personal requests of them to sing songs to other fans present. I've been asked to attend their next home game. Ethan has promised to make it memorable for me. I have no idea what that means, but I have a week to get ready! I'll keep you all posted!

Since that email, the boys have been invited out onto the ice for the intermission game of Chuck-a-Puck, and the Lumberjack gift shop is now selling their beards to the team's faithful following. They have even been featured in a 30-second Lumberjack promotional spot on You Tube. Here's the link, if you want to take a peek! Muskegon Lumberjack Promo Spot

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You didn't tell me about the up-chuck-puck... wait, what was it called? :) I'd like to hear about that! I posted their youtube ad on my facebook "superwall" so everyone who knows me can see it.